I’ve been using Skype a lot recently for work and while the service itself is pretty neat I’m bugged by a few things:
- The ringtone noise it makes while dialing sounds dumb
- When I’m using it on my phone, there’s no good way to hold it that doesn’t exclusively show my forehead to whoever I’m speaking to
- Calls seem to not connect as a matter of routine
- Calls seem to drop as a matter of routine
- Every time I go to close the program it tells me that I won’t be able to make Skype calls
…I know that I won’t be able to make Skype calls. As a matter of fact, that’s precisely why I’m closing Skype in the first place.
Now, I’m sure there’s a way to disable that message, but at this point I almost enjoy the reminder that if I close Skype, I won’t be able to use Skype.